The USC Lusk Center for Real Estate seeks to advance real estate knowledge, inform business practice, and address timely issues that affect the real estate industry, the urban economy, and public policy.
The Lusk Center produces relevant real estate research, supports educational programs, and convenes professional forums that bring together academics, students, business executives, and community leaders.
The USC Lusk Center for Real Estate:
- Advances real estate knowledge through innovative and pertinent multidisciplinary research on real estate and urban economics.
- Addresses critical and timely issues of markets, institutions, and policy.
- Convenes industry leaders, students, and faculty in seminars, workshops, symposia, and forums to examine the current state of the industry and to anticipate future industry opportunities and challenges.
- Supports the highest quality real estate degree and executive education programs that prepare both students and industry professionals alike for tomorrow's real estate environment.
- Marshall School of Business degrees include the Master in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in real estate and the undergraduate Program in Real Estate.
- Price School of Public Policy degrees include the Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) and the undergraduate Real Estate Development track.
- Executive education programs include the Ross Minority Program in Real Estate (RMPIRE).
The cornerstone gift, made by the Lusk family in the 1980s, enabled the creation of a center for real estate research, student programs, and professional education at the University of Southern California. The Lusk endowment further established the Lusk Chair in Real Estate within the Marshall School of Business and the Price School of Public Policy and also funds scholarships for graduate real estate students.
The Lusk Company has been a major force in the residential development of Southern California. The Lusk family has an affiliation with the University of Southern California that spans four generations, and their endowment has guaranteed a permanent role for the University in real estate research and education. It is fitting that the distinguished Lusk name be associated with the USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.