USC Casden 2020 State of the Market: Multifamily
Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 8:30AM to 12:30pm PT
Presented Via Zoom
The Casden Multifamily Forecast will take place over two events this academic year, with the second event taking place in Spring of 2021.
We are not in a time of risk, but of uncertainty. In the second quarter of this year, the US economy contracted by the largest amount since it has been measured using modern techniques, but also had the largest stimulus/relief package in its history. Consequently, we are indeed in unprecedented times, and the models we use to do forecasting are not very useful.
Additionally, all paid registrants will receive a $50 discount for the Casden spring event.
2020 State of the Market: Multifamily will address:
- How much rent is being collected and how are tenants paying?
- What source of money—employment, family, savings, government assistance—is being used to allow people to pay rent?
- What policy responses—from eviction moratoria to rent stabilization to other tenant protection proposals—are being put in place, and how are they affecting the market?
- How did the ballot initiatives that matter to housing-specifically Proposition 15 and Proposition 21—fare, and what are their implications?
For information on these topics, see the recently released COVID-19 and Renter Distress: Evidence from Los Angeles
- Early-bird (August 31 through October 31, 2020) $25
- General (November 1, 2020 through November 11, 2020): $45
- Students (currently enrolled college student - student email address required): Complimentary
Paid registrants for 2020 State of the Market: Multifamily will receive $50 discount for the Casden spring event.
Questions? : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:30 am: Networking
- 9:00am - 12:20 pm: Program
You can use the following hashtag on Twitter and Facebook
The Honorable Eleni Kounalakis | 50th Lieutenant Governor of California
- How Are People Paying Rent?
- Valuation: How Do You Value In Times Like This?
- Eviction Moratorium
Richard K. Green | Director | USC Lusk Center for Real Estate
Jaime Lee | Chief Executive Officer | Jamison Realty, Inc.
John Pawlowski | Senior Analyst, Residential | Greenstreet Advisors
Anish Saraiya | Planning Deputy | Office of Supervisor Kathryn Barger
Tunua Thrash-Ntuk | Executive Director | Los Angeles Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LA LISC)
William A. Witte | Chairman and Chief Executive Officer | Related California
Ingrid Gould Ellen | Paulette Goddard Professor of Urban Policy and Planning, Director of the Urban Planning Program, NYU Wagner
John W. Loper | Associate Professor, USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
This event will be live closed captioned. It is requested that individuals requiring auxiliary aids such as sign language interpreters and alternative format materials notify Ravaut Benitez at email@example.com at least 14 days prior to the event. Every reasonable effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations in an effective and timely manner.